How we do it
For businesses who are lacking a full-time HR department, or require additional HR and employment law support, Kane HR offer a solution in the form of a retained service.
Whether you require assistance navigating your way through complex employee relations issues, or guidance on all aspects of the employee life cycle, the retained service is able to provide this through becoming your strategic business partner, offering expert HR direction to achieve your organisational goals and ultimately move your business forward.
The retained service is Kane HR’s most popular service and undoubtedly generates the best results, as clients naturally have more time with our consultants and increased guidance to overcome any HR issues and to ultimately achieve the company’s HR aspirations.
We have retained clients from a wide range of industry sectors that typically have between 5 and 500 employees (although we do work with clients who have over 1,000 employees) and we can therefore offer a full or partial outsourced HR service depending on your size and needs. Many clients are small to medium sized employers and retain us initially from personal recommendation.
All prospective clients initially receive a personal visit from Kane HR’s Managing Partner or one of our Senior HR Consultants to discuss exact requirements and to compose a bespoke retained package, which aligns the company’s core strategic goals.
We are fully aware of the challenges of managing your business, which is why the retained service allows you to get on with the day-to-day running of your company safe in the knowledge that your HR function is in the capable hands of our Consultants.
I have used the excellent team at Kane HR on a retained basis across three businesses. Kane deliver an exceptional HR service which is 100% business focused and more cost effective than having our own team in-house. Janice and her team offer practical and simple solutions for complex HR problems, in a language you can understand. Kane have met our HR needs by assisting with administrative tasks such as developing staff handbooks, policies and procedures, through to providing expert advice on complicated employee relations issues, redundancies and TUPE transfers. The team offer a fully comprehensive client-focused approach, delivered in a professional yet personal style. Nothing is ever too much trouble for Janice or the team, who are always on hand to manage any issue, however large or small.
CEO and Non-Executive Director of various Hospitality businesses
Example Retained Service
- An HR Audit of your current HR systems and practices
- Drafting contracts of employment and associated new starter documentation
- Right to work in the UK checks and monitoring
- Writing and updating a wide range of employment policies and procedures
- Drafting and updating of bespoke company handbooks
- Advising on and managing redundancy and restructure programmes
- Providing technical advice regarding employee terminations from junior to board level
- A regular HR newsletter with current and forthcoming employment law
- Setting up HR admin process
- Providing practical advice on day-to-day employment issues
- Managing leaver process and conducting exit interviews
- Administering monthly payroll